CALL FOR TIME BASED ART WORKS: Twisted Oyster Film Festival invites artists to submit works to be included in the Festival’s grand event, an exhibition of Video, Installation and New Media Art. The exhibition will be displayed at 33 Contemporary/Art NXT Level for three weeks, with the opening occurring on Friday evening, October 20. It is expected that the artwork will be viewed by 300-400 people or more during the entire period of the exhibition.
Now in its third year, the Twisted Oyster Film Festival leads the way in search of works that push the boundaries of content and narrative with a mission to bridge culture, society and technology. For 2017, we seek to highlight women creators, directors and artists from all over the world, whose works are meaningful, innovative and go in tandem with our times.
The theme for this year’s art is The Power of the Feminine and all artists submitting work must identify with the pronoun she/her/they.
Submission deadline: September 22, 2017
Submission requirements for all time-based media work (e.g., video, sound, virtual reality, web-based, etc.):
- All artists must be older than 18 years of age
- Video works must be no longer than 5 minutes, NTSC, Region 1 and delivered in .MOV, .MP4 or H264 format.
- Sound works must include media device, including soundtrack playing device and headset(s).
- Virtual reality and web works must include all respective electronic components and artist must be available for set-up a week before
- All works must be ready for hanging and include installation instructions when delivered to the exhibit
All submissions must include all of the following as a single Word document/PDF:
- Name of artist
- Full contact information (address, phone, email, website)
- Title of work, date of production, running time and format
- Direct web link to works and portfolio
- All work must be accompanied by:
- Proposal (400 words)
- Artist statement and bio (200 words)
- Work price*
- Moving images must be NTSC, Region 1, .MOV, .MP4, H264
- Video works must be 5 minutes or shorter
- 3 high resolution JPGS
- Send submissions to email@example.com, email subject:
- ARTIST NAME_WORK TITLE_WORK FORMAT
- Video work(s) must be delivered via email including download link to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sound, virtual reality and web works must be delivered to TOFF by Kinetic Art Projects ℅ 33 Contemporary/Art NXT Level, 1039 W 35th Street, Chicago, IL 60609
- All works must be delivered between October 1 and 5, and picked up (or mailed, at owner’s expense) between November 10 and 13
Artists will be notified by email if the work has been accepted by September 30
All questions must be addressed to Pia Cruzalegui at email@example.com
*Work will be available for sale during exhibition and for three weeks afterwards by appointment
About the Curator:
Pía Cruzalegui is an independent curator with no gallery representation in Chicago. Currently, she organizes and curates the Twisted Oyster Film Festival, UnLock Hause and Kinetic Art projects with a mission to provide artists and community a space for conversation and engagement.
About Twisted Oyster Film Festival:
Twisted Oyster Film Festival (TOFF) is an organization dedicated to furthering the art and craft of artists and filmmakers, and recognizes their contributions to time-based media art forms and film. TOFF seeks to showcase and promote the work of aspiring and established artists and filmmakers by providing unique opportunities for engagement, cultural events and enhancing access, awareness and participation of a dynamic community.